STEYR MOTORS offers a range of 4 and 6 cylinder engines suitable for a wide range of military, commercial and pleasure craft.
The basis behind the success of STEYR MOTORS has been the STEYR MONOBLOCK design which ensures the highest power density, reliability and safety under all operational profiles and environments.
The unique and robust MONOBLOCK design, engine block and cylinder head made from high grade alloy cast iron, without limitation in cooling and unrivaled roundness of the cylinder, give exceptional life time for the liner.
- Chrome-Molybdenum forged crankshaft, dynamically balanced
- Pistons are cast from high silicon aluminium with oil cooling gallery and a ceramic coated top ring
- Hardened valve-seats high performance NIMONIC valve material
- Elastic coupling on flywheel, design matched depending on application
- Adjustable front and rear silent blocks capable to take propeller/jet thrust
- Exchangeable oil filter cartridge
- Oil scavenging trough dipstick pipe
- Closed crankcase breathing system
- Integrated high pressure unit injector up to 2,000 bar with dual stage fuel injection technology, operated by overhead camshaft and rocker arms
- Electric fuel pump (automatic bleeding capability)
- Exchangeable fuel filter cartridge
- Freshwater cooling system with thermostat control and expansion tank
- Heat exchanger with integrated expansion tank system
- Connection prepared for boiler/cabin heating system
- Fresh water cooled exhaust manifold and seater cooled exhaust elbow
- RCD/2003/44 compliant